GreenEdge 2012 Conference
Did you know that Schulich has been ranked Canada’s #1 MBA program in Responsible Business by Corporate Knights for the 8th consecutive year? Here’s your chance to leverage Schulich’s reputation in Sustainability in your own career path. The Schulich Net Impact Exec Team is pleased to announce the annual GreenEdge Conference. GreenEdge 2012’s theme is “Leadership and Innovation in Sustainability”. Register now at our Event-Brite page.
The conference will be held on March 2nd from 10:30am to 3:30pm. Lunch, coffee and muffins are provided.
Andreas Souvaliotis | President, Air Miles for Social Change
|12:15-1:00||Lunch at Executive Dining Room|
Panel 1 – Sustainable Cities
Panel 2- Driving Change in Organizations
Panel 3 – Sustainable Start ups
|2:30-2:45||Coffee Break Marketplace|
Bruce Poon Tip | CEO of G Adventures (formerly Gap Adventures)
Panel 1 – Sustainable Cities
The Sustainable Cities panel discussion will focus on the areas of real estate, urban development, and infrastructure with respect to sustainability initiatives. It will address factors that contribute to making a city liveable and sustainable, key indicators, best practices, and lessons learned. The discussion will also address what is happening here in Toronto by highlighting local sustainability initiatives and the leaders instigating them.
- Michael Leckman | Speaker | Principal, Diamond Schmitt Architects
- Leslie Domenico | Speaker | Program Manager, Greening Greater Toronto
- Lisa Prime | Speaker | Director of Sustainability, Waterfront Toronto
- James Mckellar | Moderator | Professor, Schulich School of Business
Panel 2 – Driving Change in Organizations
Driving Change in Organizations will focus on how to successfully move the sustainability conversation forward in an organization. The panel will address the barriers and challenges, as well as highlighting successful organizational transformations that have incorporated sustainability.
- Scott Deugo | Speaker |Chief Sales and Sustainability Officer, Teknion Corporation
- Jane Holmes | Speaker | Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Woodbine Entertainment Group
- Paul Barter | Speaker | Vice President, Research, T4G
- Corey Diamond | Moderator | Managing Director, Summerhill
Panel 3 – Sustainable Startups
The Sustainable Start-Ups panel discussion will feature local entrepreneurs that have created their own sustainable enterprise, and can educate us on the challenges and successes they faced while growing their sustainable start-up. We hope to give students and industry professionals a better idea of what it takes to be successful in the realm of sustainable business.
- Assaf Weisz | Speaker |Co-Founder, Partner at Venture Deli
- Chad Hamre |Speaker | CEO & Co-Founder, Ethical Ocean
- Cam Lewis |Speaker | President & Founder, Hydrostor
- Bernie Li |Speaker | Co-Founder, Pure Energies
- Kathryn Cooper | Moderator | President, Sustainability Learning Center
Register by February 17th to get discounted tickets
Before February 17th: $20 NI members | $25 Non-members |$40 Professionals
After February 17th: $25 NI members | $35 Non-members |$50 Professionals
To Register: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2886604913/eorg
If you have specific questions or comments, please email: email@example.com